Thursday, April 22, 2010

Loss of old friends, or was it just a break?

When I was sick and in the hospital, my best and close few friends often came to visit me and distract me from my situation. They always brought me stuffed animals, pictures, and even got my year book signed for me. I was so lucky to have friends like them. When I finally was released from the hospital and better, my friends began to see less and less of me. I thought to myself, "why is it that when I am better that they do not want to spend as much time with me." I neglected to take into consideration that it was the end of summer and they were all about to begin college. At first I was very angry and hurt and even believed that they visited me in the hospital for the wrong reasons. Now that I'm in college, I realize what each of them were going through. There is only so much time you can spend hanging with friends, between homework, studying, and work. I hope that this summer we can all reconnect and enjoy the summer together. I miss the great times we shared in highschool and all the events we had. I am sure that my friends will remain loyal to me and be excited to have finished their first year of college, as I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment