Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Facebook Addiction! (yes, it is an addiction)

As I sit here typing up my blogs, I cannot log off my facebook. Facebook is a bad addiction that many students cannot control. For example, my friend's grades were dropping so she deleted her facebook because she was constantly getting distracted from doing her work. After a week without facebook, her grades started to improve again. It is amazing how distracting the internet can be. During finals week, facebook is definitely on all facebook members minds. Anything to procrastinate their work or to take a break from studying helps and facebook is one of those distractions. Even during classes throughout the semester, students bring their laptops to class to check their facebook while in class. It is too important or too funny to wait until after class that instead of paying attention in class and taking notes, they must sit on their laptops and check what everyone else is doing. Facebook was created for college students, but today, almost everyone has one. Even my own grandmother has a facebook, but her facebook is used to check on my family members. This facebook addiction is hurting the grades of not only college students, but high school students as well. I fear what will be in stores for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment