Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finishing out a year

April of last year was when I got sick. I was sent into the hospital almost a year ago. Since graduation was not until June, I had to finish out my senior year and high school experience in the hospital. Finishing out this semester here is a big accomplishment for me. I am very proud that I even got into college after such a rough time, but to be finishing up my first semester as a college student, is equally exciting. I feel that I have accomplished all that I have said I would do when I was sick. I am in school, I am living away from home (even though I go home almost every weekend), I am meeting new people, and I am getting good grades. It just goes to show what can be accomplished when you set your mind on something. My parents did not think I was ready to enroll back in fall, and I think they were right. As bored as I was, I do not believe I would have been satisfied with my accomplishments. Spring semester was the right time to start my college education. Although I am a semester behind my fellow classmates, I will be attending summer courses to do some much needed catching up. It may be a stinker having classes in the summer, but in the end, it will all be worth it. April may not be my lucky month, but I believe I can handle whatever life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment