Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates

When I was younger, and to this day, I loved the movie "Forrest Gump". Everything about it, the actors, the music, and the plot, just everything about it sparked my interest. Today it is my all time favorite movie. The most famous quote from the movie is when Forrest says, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." I life my life vicariously through this quote, as it brings me inspiration. Forrest is right when he says that you never know what you are going to get. Our fate is not in our hands and we must deal with whatever obstacles life throws at us. When I got sick, rather than ask my doctors, "why",I simply accepted the minor obstacle thrown into my life. I could not have known that I was going to get sick, but I dealt with the struggles and benefits the situation presented to my life. Now you may ask, how can being sick have benefits, but my sickness had many benefits. I made wonderful friendships between my roommate, nurses and doctors, I gained a closeness to all my family members, and I survived a life changing experience. If we knew everything that is meant to happen to us throughout our lives, then everyone would just be paranoid. Life is much more fun and exciting when we do not know what life is going to bring us each and every morning when we wake up. The next time you ask yourself, what am I going to do today, just think of this quote, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get."

No comments:

Post a Comment