Thursday, April 22, 2010

End to my "perfect" relationship

After the year I just went through, I am once again hit with a bombshell; my boyfriend of almost two years broke up with me. April is definitely not a good month for me. The day before Easter, Luis decided he wanted to end things. Granted couples have their share of arguments and fights, but Luis and I usually had the strength to overcome those faults. Luis is turning twenty-one on May 11th and is going through the stage in his life when he wants to focus on partying. Unlike me, Luis does not have college work to focus on and currently does not have a job. The little fights we were having got the better of him and the distance between us was certainly not helping our relationship. The only thing I do not understand is how we overcame the obstacle of me being sick, but this set back has no solution. Luis claims that he has fallen out of love with me, just like that. To me, that does not seem possible. The buildup of these small obstacles can be overcome and I would love to work things out between us more than anything. He is my first true love and a very special person to me. A broken heart is very hard to heal, but like they say, time heals all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment