Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Outpatient therapy didn't last long

I began outpatient therapy at Children's Specialized therapy, in Hamilton, New Jersey, just a week after I was released from the hospital. My doctor told me that I could attend outpatient whenever I wanted to, but I wanted to begin right away and get it over with. The workouts I was required to do at this facility were no where near what needed to be done to improve my mobility and strength, so I was only there for about a month. Luckily, my family has a friend who is a physical and massage therapist. After about another week, I began working out with my new personal trainer, Michelle. She came to my house twice a week and either worked me out, or gave me a massage for an hour. Now when I say massage, I don't mean a relazing rub. She needed to pinch the stressed nerves all over my body, to release the tension. She asked which body parts were the most tender, and pitched those the hardest, until the pain was gone. Not very relaxing. My workouts consisted of ab work outs, legs,arms, and any where else I could gain muscele back. As much as I didn't want to wake up in the morning for those workouts, it payed off in the long run. Michelle was a huge help getting me back to a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment