Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another Milestone!

Finally, my g-tube (feeding tube) was taken out! I was now fully able to eat on my own! Oddly enough, the removal of the tube in my stomach hurt more than the removable of the tube in my throat. I was very sore for that day and the next, but was given pain relievers. The only disappointment of the removal was that I could not have pool therapy that week, at the risk of infection from the chlorine. After the g-tube was taken out, I spent another week at the hospital and then was FINALLY discharged! What a relief it was to finally be home for good. Sleeping in my own bed that night can't even be put into words. Although I was done with therapy at the hospital, I still had to attend outpatient therapy in Hamilton. Instead of the everyday work outs, it was dropped to 2 hour sessions for 2 days a week. I guess you can say it was my vacation from every day work outs. I was still home in a walker, but I knew it wouldn't be long until I was walking on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment