Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hopes for the future!

My hope for the future is to become a New Jersey State Trooper, just like my aunt. When I was younger, I loved ocean life, especially dolphins. My first choice of a career would be to work at Sea World in Florida. After consideration on money, benefits, and retirement, it made little sense to me to turn a hobby that I could do on vacation, into a career. My senior year in high school I took a duel course in Criminology and Forensic Science. The first two marking periods of the year I was entered into Forensic Science, and the last two marking periods, I was in Criminology. In my Forensics class, my teacher allowed me to have my aunt Rita come in and be a guest speaker for the class. My aunt had made the class a power point presentation describing what her job implied in the csi unit of the state police force. In the slide show were some pretty vibrant and horrifying pictures of bodys and the crime scenes. While the rest of the class looked for the nearest trash can, I sat in the classroom at the edge of my seat. It was that moment that I relized I knew what I wanted to do career wise. My hope is to be involved in Forensic Science and use the newest technologies to catch the real bad guy and bring innocent victims, who were wrongly accused, home. With much determination and family support, I believe I can be anything I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment