Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Continuous efforts

Although I survived the virus, I am still overcoming a few symptoms and set backs.I continuously have to visit my doctor for check ups and go for blood work. My biggest trouble is re-gaining the weight I had lost in the hospital. Since I was being fed through a feeding tube, I was not gaining weight like normal, I was losing weight. Before I went into the hospital, I weighed about 135 pounds, and when I got out, I weighed merely 103 pounds. My doctor told me that for my height (5 feet 8 inches), I should weigh about 125 pounds. Since my appetite is almost finally back to normal, I now weigh about 111 pounds. I still have a few pounds to gain to be at my ideal weight, but I'm in a continuous effort to gain them. My workouts were certainly not helping with the weight gain. My main goal is to gain the muscele tone back that I had before I got sick. I also have some personal problems I do not wish to discuss. All in all, I am very proud of where I am today. I am nearing the one year mark of being diagnosed with EBV, and that makes me so happy. Time truly does fly. This experience has changed me for the better. I live each day like it will be my last, and I never take anything for granted. Every moment is precious and every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment