Sunday, February 28, 2010

Graduation Day!!

Finally, the big day! My high school graduation. At first, the doctors thought I would not be able to make it there,but since I was doing so well, he couldn't keep me from attending. I was beyond excitement. One of the main goals for me, was to walk with my fellow classmates. My sister had picked up a dress and my cap and gown for me. The night before, we decorated my wheel chair in excitement. When I arrived to the school, I felt a little uncomfortable at first because I didn't know how the other students would react to seeing me in a wheel chair. Everyone was nice though, and very helpful. My three therapists accompanied me, incase I needed help. Because I was in a wheel chair, I had to sit up front with my guidance counselor, just to be easier for me. The students names were called alphabetically, so I was in the middle. When my name was called, my therapists came down to the field, and my guidance counselor wheeled me foward. To everyone's surprise, my therapist Tina helped me stand to receive my diploma. My fellow classmates and everyone in the stands were so proud that they gave me a standing ovation. I was deeply touched and proud of both myself and my class. Right after all the diplomas were given out, it began to drizzle. But right at the end, there was a rainbow in the sky. It was a great day. Now normally everyone goes out to dinner to celebrate with their families, but since I still had a curfew, I could only go to Wendys to get dinner, then it was right back to the hospital. Although I didn't get to go out to a fancy dinner, I was so blessed that I was able to attend my graduation that day. It will definately be a day to remember and look back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment