Sunday, February 21, 2010

A continous road to recovery

After slowly becoming able to breathe on my own, I was progressing very rapidly. Before I knew it, I was passing all my swallow tests and was beginning to be fed some "real" food! (pudding) In an effort to lower my secretion problem, I was given something called a cough-o-later. Basically, it's a machine I coughed into to get as much secretions out at once. This procedure helped give both me and my mother a better night's rest. My therapys began to increase, which was good. I was now taking speech therapy, school work therapy (English class so that I could graduate in June), occupational therapy and physical therapy. My days were now filled up, which also helped with the sleeping at night. A few days later, my trach was out and i was beginning to speak again! Itmade my family so happy to hear even the slightest noice from me. The doctor had also given me great news that in two days I would beginning to eat solid foods, which was very exciting for me. It's amazing what we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment